Kyle finished with his summer classes. He took Chemistry 1 and Chemistry 2. They are pre-reqs for Grad school so he had been studyin what seemed like to be all day and night for those classes. Fortunately he did REALLY well in them and got an A the first class and then an A- but that class was really hard and he was grateful for the grades he recieved. I'm thankful that I have my husband back :) We have been able to hang out with friends more and do more things as a couple this last week.
I started this post 3 weeks ago and that's as far as I had gotten!
Here are some things that happened the last couple of weeks....
- For the 24th we went over to the Eliason's (Kaylie and Shawn) We had a nice BBQ with lots of food and then talked and played 500.
- The first Saturday in August (the 4th) we went to the temple in St. George and did initiatories. It was really cool to do them. It was the first time for both Kyle and I to do them since we had both gone through the temple for ourselves. I love listening to the blessings. :) We then headed down to Overton to go to Dallon and Kaitlin Swanson's wedding reception. They got married on Friday in the San Diego Temple. Kyle was still in school and needed to be in class Friday so we couldn't make it. (if it was only a week later) It was really fun to see all of Kyle's friends again at the same time. After the reception we had Vance and Teisha Leavitt, and Randy and Ariel Booth over for some games. We played the newly wed game. Kyle and I actually did really well and knew most of the answers the other one put.
| Dallon and Kaitlin's first dance |
| haha...as the garter they had granny panties tied around her leg |
| This picture just cracks me up |
- Then on Sunday the 5th we left early and stopped at my parents house just for a bit and then headed to Cedar so Kyle could get some good studying in before his FINAL test on Monday morning.
- Aug 6th. KYLE FINISHES SUMMER SCHOOL.... oh how happy we both were. Kyle made him a special dinner....salmon. I don't know how to really cook it so he did it himself. I told him we could go get sushi but we didn't really feel like it.
-Aug 7th... We went with a bunch of friends (cameron and kelsey, taylor and megan, claire and austin) to the new Main Street Theater to see the Avengers. It's a discounted theater that used to be a dollar movie theater a couple of years ago and they re-opened it this summer. They asked some questions before they started it and Kyle and I both got free tickets for answering the questions correctly.
-Aug 8th. I can't remember what we did this day. I'm sure it was just a relaxing day :)
-Aug 9th We went on a walk to Smith's and got some ice cream and treats and then also red boxed Mirror Mirror. I thought it was a cute movie twist on Snow White but I just couldn't stand the girl's eyebrows. I know I shouldn't judge but they were driving me crazy and I just wanted to reach into the TV and pluck those suckers.
-Aug. 10th Hannah and Tyson invited us to go with them and a bunch of other people from their ward to do tinfoil dinners out at 3 peaks. We cooked ours before we left and they were super yummy and not burnt :)
I know that defeats the whole purpose of making a fire and cooking them in it but last time we did them they got burnt and we didn't want to risk that again.
-Aug 11th. Kyle and I went and helped our friends Vance and Teisha paint their new house out in Enoch. Kyle and I painted 2 of the bedrooms and oh how my arms hurt the next day. We painted for almost 4 hours and then had a lunch break for about 30 mins to eat some yummy Subway. It was a good needed break. We then came home and I was so beat I fell asleep on the floor. I was laying down because my back and arms were killing me and I wanted to make sure I was straight. We then went over to the Cedar High School Soccer fields and played kick ball with Cameron, Kelsey, Megan, Taylor, Shawn, and Kaylee. After it got dark we all came over to our apartment and played games and had treats. Lots of mint things.
- Aug 12th. We went to church
-Aug 13th We had FHE with the Browns and Jacks and the Browns house. We played Disney Scene it, BS and Spoons.
-Aug 14th Good day. I went to the gym and Kyle went to play basketball.
-Aug 15th I went to a Relief Society Activity and made a cute wood pumpkin
-Aug 16th I took a nap and then we went on a walk.
-Aug 17th We went over to Shawn and Kaylee's and played Pass the Pigs. Kyle won!!! and then we walked over to Cedar High School and watched the last couple seconds of the football game.
-Aug 18th We met with Shawn and Lexi at the temple and did a session with them. It was so HOT and LONG. I've never been in one that full before. It was really good to go again especially because it's going to be closed for a couple weeks. We went to Costco and headed back up to Cedar. We then went over to Cameron and Kelsey's to watch the Hunger Games because it came out on DVD!!!
-Aug 19th We taught Sunday school and then later that night we went over to Shawn and Lexi's and played some card games with a bunch of other couples from the ward.
-Aug 20th. I started the Feel Great in 8 program. Here's to being HEALTHY!!! We went over to Claire and Austin's with Taylor and Megan for FHE. Then at 8:00 I went running 3 miles with a bunch of girls in the ward.
-Aug 21st. I went to the gym with Lexi and then went visiting teaching....to Lexi!
-Aug 22nd Went to the gym again with Lexi and we ran home in the rain. :)
-Aug 23rd A bunch of girls from work and Anna one of the girls I run with had all talked about this exercising class called Tonergy. So I went...It was a great work out and I was sore for a couple days.
-Aug 24th. For work we had a booth at the Family Festival. We set up and then I went back to the center and closed and then ran home and Kyle had dinner...(I think he cooks more now than I do with him not being in school) Then I rushed back to the Festival and worked for 3 more hours. We had lots of fun crafts and things for the kids to do.
-Aug 25. Kyle worked so I went to the Gym and then cleaned most of the apartment... It's so much easier if you do it in the morning. Then Kyle and I had lunch and I had to go to the Festival again. While I was there some friends Kristen and Trevor stopped by and we talked for a min. They invited Kyle and I to go to dinner with them at Costa Vida. I was so tempted to eat all the things I'm not supposed to with this "diet" I did get a salad but with a whole wheat tortill and no white rice or the cheese and chips on top and then got the vinaigrette instead of the ranch :( We then went and saw The Amazing Spider Man at the Main Street and used our FREE tickets. Kyle had candy too and I was so tempted but am learning to resist sweets. I just have to keep saying to myself "I'm going to look good." "I'm going to look good" It'll all be worth it when the 8 weeks are over. I really want to keep doing a lot of the things the program requires you to do. Kyle and I haven't missed reading scriptures or praying. I think it's good for us, but then again it's sad that I wasn't as diligent before and have to have an incentive I guess for the points. I know I will eat more fresh fruits and veggies too.
-Aug 26 Our church time changed from 1:00 to 9:00. WAHOO. I love having church early. I played in sacrament and am doing better with playing in front of people. After church we actually had time to take a NAP we haven't had that in FOREVER. Then at 6:30 we went to Shaun and Lexi's for games with some other couples in the ward. We played spoons and I won and we also played Scum. Then Hannah and Tyson had made cookies so we went over to their apartment and visited for just a little bit.
-Aug 27 Kyle started school again... He is taking Physics, Physics Lab, Human Physiology, Physiology Lab, Research Methods and Statistics, and Learning in Exercise Science. And possibly will pick up a Rural Health Scholars class. He is also Shadowing a couple hours a week at some Physical Therapy places in town. We also went over to Tyson and Hannah's again and had FHE with them and watched Bachelor Pad. :) For some reason drama is so funny to watch! I love it! Also start of week 2 with Feel great in 8.
-Aug 28. I went to Tonergy again. We did push ups and I think I have a new love hate relationship with doing them. I know it will make me stronger but doing them it makes me sore. This time it wasn't as bad but I couldn't do any right now even if I tried. We did 50, 25, 10, 5 of burpees, push ups and sit ups and then jogged a couple laps around the track.
-Aug 29 With the FGI8 program we're required to exercise 45 mins a day to get full points and I got up at 7 to go to the gym but just didn't feel like moving so I did so stretches and lifted lightly at home as I watched the last episode of Pretty Little Liars and then got ready for work. After work Robin and Geniel were driving home from dropping Riley off at the MTC and took us to dinner at Applebees. After that we ran to Wal-Mart and then went on a walk down to the football field to look at the new turf.
-Aug 30...TODAY!!! I'm finally caught up!!! I went to the gym and then Kyle and I made dinner and started to watch the SUU and USU football game. SUU was getting their butts kicked so we started to watch the Republican Conventions stuff where Romney accepted the Republican Nominee. Then a little after 8:30 our home teachers came and we had a good visit!!!
It feels good to get this all down so one day when Kyle has tons of school stuff going on I can remember what it was like not to have to worry about it and dream of the days soon to come...
| One Sunday I finished this wreath...cool thing about it is that I put velcro on the flowers so as the seasons change I can also change the flowers :) This is the fall season one :) |
| 8 Weeks from this picture Kyle and I will both look lots better |
No comments:
Post a Comment